On a cold winter’s eve, a group of friends gathered at my home, escaping the windy night, to celebrate the holiday with dinner, gifts, and to taste my new wines. Thank you to my friend, Annie, for taking photos!
The tree was decorated and all aglow, the twinkly lights and candles were lit and cast a lovely glow. Food was set out all around so that guests would mingle; latkes, cheese balls, olives, pickles, shrimp cocktail, smoked salmon, chips and dip, limocello cheese cake, and ginger bread.
We created a game that we have done at every party. Guests pair up with someone they don’t know and answer the questions. The questions are based on the origin of our animal’s names. There is always laughter during this trivia game! (You can answer the questions at the end of this article!)
The Chardonnay was everything I wanted to be. It was a very small batch. Caramel apples and light pineapple in every taste of this delicious wine. I was so pleased.
My Merlot was a hit. Sumptuous, with aromas of cranberries and flavors of mulberries and cedar; currants and complexity linger on the palate. We toasted to friends and the new year.
Everyone brought a ten dollar gift to exchange. Numbers were drawn and everyone went home with a wonderful present.
I let each guest have a barrel taste of my new Nebbiolo. It is still sweet with juice but the flavors are coming together beautifully and I think it will be a very fine wine indeed.
Keeping in mind what is really important, gather those you love near, introduce new friends, and gather memories dear.
- What are our cats, Chuck and Linus, named after?
- What movie is our cat, Mr. Boogedy Boo, named after?
- What movie/books does our dog, Gandalf’s name come from?
- What movie/book do our goats’ names come from? Ichabod Crane and Brom Bones?
- The sheep we are getting in a few weeks will be named Ebenezer and Fezziwig, where does that come from?
- Our kittens are named Taos and Socorro- what do those have in common?
- Our ducks are named Serrano, Sandia, and Big Jim- what do those have in common?
- Tie breakers- A past cat we had was named Zuzu’s Petals and a greyhound we had was named Bumble; what movies are those names from?
One Comment Add yours
This looks like such a fun time! Wine is always a hit.